Do you have a dream job?
If your answer to those questions is “YES!”, today you are in for a treat!
In the latest podcast episode, I am joined by Zechariah Newman to discuss how you can pursue your dream job, while stuck at a job you can’t stand. This is a discussion that will positively impact you both spiritually and mentally!
Episode Title: How to Pursue Your Dream Job
Music: TobyMac – Beyond Me
- “We’re afraid as Christians to say we don’t trust God, but that’s just the truth.” – Zechariah Newman
- “We all struggle, just in different ways, with our trust in our Heavenly Father.” – Zechariah Newman
- “God is never late, but He sure as heck ain’t early. He’s right on time.” – Zechariah Newman
- “Your dream may not be meant to be your vocation.” – Zechariah Newman
- “Failing is a sign of success.” – Zechariah Newman
- “God is the ultimate authority and you move when He tells you to move.” – Zechariah Newman
- The role fear plays in keeping many people working at jobs they don’t like
- Signs it’s time to quit a current job to pursue a dream job
- The importance of having the right attitude regardless of what our current circumstances may be
- How to pursue our dreams in a responsible way
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The tendency we have to forget where and what God has brought us through in life
- Jay shares the three questions he asks himself when stuck at a crossroad and in need of a reminder to trust God
- Zechariah explains the importance of not only tithing our money, but tithing our time to God too
Danger & Difficulties:
- The danger of us putting God in a box and only allowing Him to get involved in certain aspects of our lives
- The danger of underestimating how much time it may take you to reach and accomplish your dreams
- Challenges that accompany pursuing a dream job
- The struggle many of us face with trusting God financially
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Zechariah tells all about working three jobs at the same time while in college that he absolutely couldn’t stand
- Jay opens up about his personal difficulties with trust God
- Zechariah explains how he struggles with resting and not working seven days a week
Hold Yourself Accountable:
Don’t exclude God from the process. Allow Him to participate in every aspect of your life.
Apply the Kingdom Principles:
“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” Romans 12:12 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Seek God regarding your dream job and purpose.
- Pray and prepare before quitting or taking a leap of faith.
- Work on developing your faith and trust in God daily.
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following question:
Are you ready to begin pursuing your dream job?