On today’s episode of the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, Yahnathan J. Immanuel is joined by Brittany to discuss why most people who have experienced trauma often struggle to love themselves.
We will also discuss what it means to love ourselves. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss on Episode 1413.
Key Questions and Things You Will Learn:
- Do most people who have experienced trauma have difficulty loving themselves?
- What does it mean to love ourselves?
- Why most people struggle to work through traumatic experiences.
- The uniqueness of God’s love.
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Commit to your healing.
- “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.“ – Genesis 1:27 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Find a method of healing (support group, counseling, stress relieving activities, etc.)
- Read the Bible daily
- Join a Bible study.
Valuable Resources We Mentioned:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255
- Faithful Counseling for Christians (10% off your first month) – getfaithful.com/reallove
- All About Love: New Visions by Bell Hooks
- Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely by Lysa TerKeurst
Listen to the Series ‘Loving Yourself Beyond Trauma’: