In this series on the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, Yahnathan J. Immanuel is joined by CEO to discuss the reasons people tend to struggle with putting themselves first in relationships.
Throughout this three part series we will also discuss when it’s necessary to put yourself first in a relationship. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Listen to all four parts of this series by pressing the play buttons below and check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss.
Listen to Part 1:
Listen to Part 2:
Listen to Part 3:
Questions We Answer:
- What does it mean to put ourselves first in a relationship? (Part 1)
- What are reasons people tend to struggle with putting themselves first? (Part 1)
- What are signs that a person needs to start putting themselves first? (Part 2)
- What are ways that we can put ourselves first that are not selfish and beneficial to us and the other person? (Part 3)
Key Things You Will Learn:
- Why some people struggle to put themselves first in a relationship. (Part 1)
- When it’s necessary to put yourself first in a relationship. (Part 1)
- How CEO has learned to put himself first in relationships. (Part 2)
- The drawbacks of sharing too much information with other people. (Part 2)
- How to discern when to open up and be vulnerable with someone. (Part 2)
- Signs that a person is not putting themselves first. (Part 3)
- The importance of having alone time. (Part 3)
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” – Psalm 37:4 (ESV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- It’s necessary to put yourself first in a healthy way.
- ““And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” 29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”“ – Mark 12:28-31 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Examine your relationship and determine if you need to begin putting yourself first.
- Pray for God’s guidance to implement healthy changes or pray for discernment to know if you need to start putting yourself first.