On today’s episode of the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, Yahnathan J. Immanuel concludes his discussion with million-copy best-selling author, international speaker, and certified life coach Shannon Ethridge by discussing how to overcome sexual shame.
We will also discuss the differences between guilt and shame. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss on Episode 1432.
Key Questions and Things You Will Learn:
- How to properly manage our sexual desires?
- Differences between guilt and shame.
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,” – 2 Corinthians 10:5 (ESV)
- “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” – Romans 8:1 (ESV)
- “And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.” – Genesis 2:25 (ESV)
- “Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law.” – Proverbs 29:18 (ESV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Acknowledge that sexual desires are natural.
- “The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.“ – 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NLT)
Take Action Now:
- Reflect on how your sexual fantasies may be connected to past experiences or trauma.
- Get one of Shannon’s books.
Support Shannon Ethridge:
- Check out Shannon’s website
- Follow Shannon on Twitter
- Check out Shannon’s books
- Listen to Shanoon’s podcast, Sexual Confidence on Tap Podcast
Valuable Resources We Mentioned:
- The Fantasy Fallacy: Exposing the Deeper Meaning Behind Sexual Thoughts by Shanon Ethridge
- The Mystery of Marriage: Meditations on the Miracle by Mike Mason
Listen to the Series ‘Sexual Desires While Single’: