What would you do if someone made a ridiculous accusation about you?
Would you be at a loss for words?
Would you snap?
In the premiere episode of the Listen Up Ladies podcast series, I address the concerns of a woman who found herself in such a situation.
She’s been single for over two years…
She has a close female friend who she hangs out with often…
Now based on those two things alone, her family and friends think that she is a lesbian.
Not only do I provide this young lady with some insight on how to handle this situation, but I also have a discussion with Ty to address things from a woman’s perspective.
Enjoy the podcast episode and be sure to leave a comment below sharing your insight and take on this situation.
If you enjoyed this podcast, click to tweet and share it with others!
Episode Title: I’m Single…Not a Lesbian!
Music: Tamar Braxton – Pieces
“There is no way in hell my best friend and I, even on a bad day or after a break up, would be laid up in a fetal position…that’s like NEVER gonna happen!” – Ty
“When you can just change the way you do things, like the flip of a light switch, it makes me question how good you are at making other decisions in your life.” – Jay
“You don’t have to justify the reason you’re single.” – Ty
Key Takeaways & Lessons:
- It takes strength to be single long-term
- Best friends do not equal lesbians
- If you’re not homosexual, it’s not a label you want placed on you
- ‘Switching lanes’ should not be the first assumption made about a person who has been single for a long period of time
- Don’t let what other people say and think effect you…it won’t be easy, but it must be done
Insight & Action Steps:
- Know who you are
- Seek God for strength
- Address the false accusations when necessary and ignore them when they aren’t worth addressing
- Express how you feel about people jumping to conclusions and making false accusations about you
- Do what makes you happy – don’t avoid your friend to who’s been there for you based on what other people may say or think
Apply the Principles:
“My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.” Psalm 119:28(NIV)
Call to Action:
- Leave a comment below sharing your insight and take on this situation or share a similar experience that you may have had.
*Please use the contact form if you don’t feel comfortable leaving a comment below and sharing your answers publicly.*