In this series on the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, Yahnathan J. Immanuel is joined by Jacques and Jackie Michel to discuss things are singles clueless about when it comes to marriage.
Throughout this four part series we will also discuss what compromise looks like in a marriage and things you won’t understand until after you’re married. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Listen to all four parts of this series by pressing the play buttons below and check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss.
Listen to Part 1:
Listen to Part 2:
Listen to Part 3:
Listen to Part 4:
Questions We Answer:
- What things are singles clueless about when it comes to marriage? (Part 1)
- Were you properly prepared before getting married? (Part 2)
- What role does outside advice play in your marriage? (Part 3)
- What are things you wish you knew before getting married? (Part 3)
- What role does purpose play in your marriage? (Part 4)
- What are the most valuable lessons you’ve learned from marriage? (Part 4)
Key Things You Will Learn:
- Expectations Jackie and Jacques had before getting married. (Part 1)
- What compromise looks like in a marriage. (Part 1)
- The role of submission in marriage. (Part 1)
- Things that are not talked about enough before marriage. (Part 1)
- Managing leadership within a marriage. (Part 1)
- Jacques and Jackie share when marriage got real for them. (Part 2)
- Resolving conflict in a marriage. (Part 2)
- Things you won’t understand until after you’re married. (Part 2)
- Some of the worst marriage advices they’ve received. (Part 3)
- Learning how to serve your spouse. (Part 3)
- Differences between compromising and sacrificing in a marriage. (Part 3)
- Jacques and Jackie compare Year 1 of their marriage to Year 6. (Part 3)
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.“ – Genesis 2:24 (KJV)
- “And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4:12 (ESV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Have a realistic expectation of marriage.
- ““The way of the [arrogant] fool [who rejects God’s wisdom] is right in his own eyes, but a wise and prudent man is he who listens to counsel.” – Proverbs 12:15 (AMP)
Take Action Now:
- Listen to this discussion again – so many golden nuggets.
- Share it with at least one unmarried friend or person.
Support Jacques & Jackie Michel:
- Check out Jacques & Jackie’s website
- Follow Jacques & Jackie on Instagram
- Subscribe to Jacques & Jackie’s YouTube channel
- Listen to Jacques & Jackie’s Podcast, Michel Matters Podcast