Should you wait until marriage to have sex?
That’s a question that is very difficult for many people to answer.
For others, it’s not.
Regardless of what side of the fence you may be on, you owe it to yourself, your Source and your partner to think before answering that question.
If you would like to learn more about why you should give more thought to waiting before having sex or if you’d like to gain a better understanding of why your partner or someone you know has chosen to wait until marriage before having sex, you must listen to the latest podcast episode, ‘Embracing the Decision to Wait to Have Sex’:
If you know someone who can benefit from this, whether they are single or in a relationship, this please share it with them, by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
Episode Title: Embracing the Decision to Wait to Have Sex
- “It’s gotten to the point where a healthy sexual relationship is meaningless. It’s not even sacred.” – Courtney Hill
- “I believe the concept of ‘The Chase’ is dead.” – Courtney Hill
- “We’ve oversaturated the market with sex and so it’s loss it’s value to some people.” – Troy Spry
- “There is so much power in valuing sex.” – Troy Spry
- “There are other options to intimacy, other than sexual intimacy.” – Troy Spry
- The importance of parents raising and teaching their children about sex the RIGHT way
- When and how to tell your partner you desire to wait before having sex with them
- The importance of disclosing your intentions and desires before entering into a relationship
- How to avoid placing yourself or your partner in compromising situations
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The media’s impact on society’s decision to wait before having sex
- Is the art of ‘The Chase’ and courtship gone?
- Is deciding to wait before having sex OVERRATED?
- The differences between relationships with substance and those without it
Dangers & Difficulties
- The fear of waiting to have sex, because of societal and peer pressures
- The many obstacles that must be overcome when deciding to wait to have sex
- The danger of meaningless sex
- The danger of idle time
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Courtney discloses the process that her and her boyfriend went through to develop a friendship before engaging in a sexual relationship
- Courtney shares how she dealt with pressure from her friends to have sex before she was ready
Hold Yourself Accountable:
The decision and the consequences are yours and yours alone.
Apply the Principles:
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Know why you want to wait to have sex
- Prepare yourself for the pressure and temptations
- Know your triggers
- Stand firm on your convictions
- Lean on God daily
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following question:
Why do you believe some people find it difficult to wait before having sex?