On today’s episode of the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, I continue my discussion with author Megan Starbuck by discussing how skewed divorce statistics are causing singles to lose faith in marriage.
We will share what things often impact our perception of marriage and the importance of having faith in God. We’ll also explain why God desires for us to develop a strong faith in marriage. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss on Episode 1295.
Question We Answer:
- What does it mean to have faith in marriage? (6:01)
Key Things You Will Learn:
- What often impacts our perception of marriage (0:43)
- The danger of being ignorant about marriage (2:36)
- How marriage statistics get skewed (4:40)
- The value in having faith in God (7:03)
- How Megan discovered she didn’t have to strive for love in her marriage (7:55)
- How men typically perceive their relationship after getting married (11:44)
- Why God desires for us to develop a strong faith in marriage (13:52)
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “”For I hate divorce,” says the LORD, the God of Israel” – Malachi 2:16a (NASB)
- “It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.” – Matthew 5:31-31 (ESV)
Support Megan Starbuck:
- Check out Megan’s website, Living Tiny, Dreaming Big
- Follow Megan on Twitter
- Get access to a free chapter of Megan’s book that shares the best advice she heard before getting married!
- Check out Megan’s appearance on The Confident Single Woman podcast with Starr Burroughs
Valuable Resources We Mentioned:
- Read The Good News About Marriage: Debunking Discouraging Myths about Marriage and Divorce by Shaunti Feldhahn
- Listen to The Good News About Marriage Audiobook for FREE on Audible
Listen to the Series ‘How to Avoid Losing Faith in Marriage’: