In this episode, Jay continues his discussion with professional counselor and author Debra Fileta by addressing the question: How do unmarried people’s expectation of marriage differ from the reality of marriage?
Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “How do unmarried people’s expectation of marriage differ from the reality of marriage? @DebFileta explains on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: The Expectations of Marriage vs The Reality of Marriage (Part 2)
Question We Address and Answer:
- How do unmarried people’s expectation of marriage differ from the reality of marriage?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- Why we should avoid rushing into marriage.
- The importance of preparing for marriage.
- Differences between the expectation and the reality of marriage.
- “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh.“ – Mark 10:6-8 (NIV)
- “For with God nothing will be impossible.“ – Luke 1:37 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Acknowledge that the reality of marriage will more likely than not differ from your expectations prior to marriage.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “The way of the [arrogant] fool [who rejects God’s wisdom] is right in his own eyes, but a wise and prudent man is he who listens to counsel.” – Proverbs 12:15 (AMP)
Take Action Now:
- Commit to investing more into your relationship with Jesus Christ. Connect with Him each day.
- Get and read Debra’s book Choosing Marriage.
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend (Get the Audiobook FREE)
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!