Friendship is essential to every relationship.
For married couples, oftentimes just being friends isn’t enough.
If married couples desire to have a long lasting and healthy marriage, it is encouraged that they become best friends.
In the latest podcast episode, Shon & Londina Hyneman explain the importance of friendship in a marriage and reveal why married couples must be best friends. Enjoy!
If you know someone, married or unmarried, who can benefit from this please share it with them, by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
[Tweet “Why Married Couples Must be Best Friends on @RTRLRadio with @ShonHyneman & @LondinaHyneman”]
Episode Title: Why Married Couples Must be Best Friends
- The importance of being best friends with your spouse
- The role of sacrifice in developing a lasting friendship with your spouse
- Shon explains why married couples should reinvent themselves
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The benefit of you and your spouse being best friends prior to marriage
- Differences between platonic and marital friendships
- Benefits of a husband and wife being best friends
Danger & Difficulties:
- The danger of sharing too much about yourself too soon, with someone you may not get married to
- Londina cautions men to be mindful of marrying a woman who tells her friends everything and will be unable to keep his secrets
- The challenge of dealing with pride and insecurities
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Londina shares how the reality of being married differed from the thing she learned in preparation for marriage
- Londina admits that she was shocked when she discovered the Scripture that states wives are to be submissive to their husbands in everything
- Shon and Londina open up about how different their marriage would be if they were not best friends
Hold Yourself Accountable:
Don’t rush into relationships or marriages. First, take the time out to truly develop a genuine friendship.
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following question:
Do YOU believe that married couples must be best friends?