Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “Dealing With the Pressure of Being Single (Part 1) on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Dealing With the Pressure of Being Single (Part 1)
Guest: Joshua M. Parker
- “Something may be truly stated, but it does not mean it’s a statement of truth.” – Joshua Parker
Questions We Address and Answer:
- How often do people feel pressure because they are unmarried or have not been in a relationship for a long time?
- Have you felt internal or external pressure because you are still unmarried?
- Do you feel more pressure to enter into a relationship or get married?
- What is the source of the pressure that many single people feel?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- Dealing with the pressure to settle.
- The impact of internal and external pressures.
- How men perceive vulnerability.
- The need for more positive male role models.
- One of the biggest mistakes many singles make.
- Why we must be honest about our desires.
- Joshua explains why he feels pressure to get married.
- “He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord.” – Proverbs 18:22 (NKJV)
- “This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, 5 before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground;“ – Genesis 2:4-5 (NKJV)
- “To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:“ – Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NKJV)
- “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:“ – Philippians 4:11 (NKJV)
- “But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.“ – Isaiah 40:31 (NKJV)
- “And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.“ – Galatians 6:9 (NKJV)
- “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?“ – Matthew 6:25 (NKJV)
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.“ – Matthew 6:34 (NKJV)
- “And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22 Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.“ – Genesis 2:21-22 (NKJV)
- “You shall not remove your neighbor’s landmark, which the men of old have set, in your inheritance which you will inherit in the land that the Lord your God is giving you to possess.“ – Deuteronomy 19:14 (NKJV)
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;“ – Proverbs 3:5 (NKJV)
- “The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.“ – Psalm 34:18 (NKJV)
- “ For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.“ – Hebrews 4:15 (NKJV)
- I Will Wait For You: Single and Unwilling to Settle by Joshua M. Parker
- Waiting and Dating: A Sensible Guide to a Fulfilling Love Relationship by Dr. Myles Munroe
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!