In this episode of the MenChat series, Jay continues his discussion with the co-founder of Marriage Works!, Kevin Bullard, by addressing the question: Why does God desire wives to be submissive to their husbands?
Press play below to listen:
SHARE THIS LIKE CRAZY!!!
[Tweet “LISTEN to Why Men Desire a Submissive Wife (Part 2) with @mrgwrks on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Why Men Desire a Submissive Wife (Part 2)
Question We Address and Answer:
- Why does God desire wives to be submissive to their husbands?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- Differences between submission and slavery.
- The importance of oneness in marriage.
- The value in both a husband and a wife being willing to submit to one another.
- Why true submission revolves around God’s will.
- Kevin explains why at times he is willing to submit to his wife.
- “Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body. 31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.“ – Ephesians 5:21-33 (NIV)
- “Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.“ – 1 Peter 3:1-7 (NIV)
- “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.“ – Mark 10:6-9 (NIV)
- “If you love me, keep my commands.“ – John 14:15 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Wives must make a choice to either obey God’s Word or disobey it.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.” – Ephesians 5:22 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Read Ephesians chapter 5 and learn for yourself what God’s Word says about wives submitting to their husbands.
- Genuinely seek God in pray and ask that He heal you and provide you with a heart that is willing to submit to your husband.
- Submission 101 by Kevin Bullard
- Understanding the Purpose and Power of Love and Marriage by Dr. Myles Munroe
- Family Shepherds: Calling and Equipping Men to Lead Their Homes by Voddie Baucham Jr.
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THIS LIKE CRAZY!!!