Press play below to listen:
SHARE THIS LIKE CRAZY!!!
[Tweet “#WhatDoYouThink Should a Wife Take Her Husband’s Last Name? Let @The_TGA and me know!”]
Episode Title: Should a Wife Take Her Husband’s Last Name?
- “For me, God’s Word is law.” – Tara Gates Anderson
- “To operate in God’s will I must read His Word.” – Tara Gates Anderson
- “Taking your husband’s last name is a sign of commitment.” – Jay Mayo
- “If you want to make a full commitment to your husband, take his last name.” – Jay Mayo
- “Always seek God’s Word first.” – Tara Gates Anderson
Question We Address and Answer:
- Does a wife need to take her husbands last name when she gets married?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The importance of understanding the roles of a husband and a wife.
- How taking her husband’s last name unifies a wife to him.
- How a wife changing her last name to her husband’s is a reflection of the two of them being one flesh before the sight of God.
- The significance of a woman having a covering in her life.
- Tara tells about a co-worker who chose to take his wife’s last name after getting married.
- Jay explains why he would never take his wife’s last name and why his wife taking his last name is a requirement.
- “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.“ – Ephesians 5:22 (NKJV)
- “But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.“ – 1 Corinthians 11:3 (NKJV)
- “And Adam said:
“This is now bone of my bones
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.”
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” – Genesis 2:23-24 (NKJV)
- “And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?” – Matthew 19:4-5 (NKJV)
- “And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.” – Genesis 3:20 (NKJV)
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THIS LIKE CRAZY!!!