Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
Episode Title: Setting Boundaries in Relationships (Part 2)
Guest: April Gaddis
Question We Address and Answer:
- What are the dangers of not having boundaries in relationships?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- How boundaries help guide our lives.
- Why some people don’t set boundaries.
- The importance of seeing the value in the things we have.
- April opens up about the fear she used to have of losing a relationship.
- “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.“ – John 14:26 (NIV)
- “Walk with the wise and become wise,
for a companion of fools suffers harm.“ – Proverbs 13:20 (NIV)
- “While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”” – Matthew 12:46-50 (NIV)
- “The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah, 16 “When you are helping the Hebrew women during childbirth on the delivery stool, if you see that the baby is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live.” 17 The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live. 18 Then the king of Egypt summoned the midwives and asked them, “Why have you done this? Why have you let the boys live?”19 The midwives answered Pharaoh, “Hebrew women are not like Egyptian women; they are vigorous and give birth before the midwives arrive.”20 So God was kind to the midwives and the people increased and became even more numerous. 21 And because the midwives feared God, he gave them families of their own.” – Exodus 1:15-21 (NIV)
- “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.“ – Genesis 50:20 (NIV)
- ““When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”“ – Matthew 12:43-45 (NIV)
- “ But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.“ – Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
- “All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.“ – Matthew 5:37 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Don’t complain about boundaries you don’t have. You must set your own boundaries and ask people to respect them.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.” – Ephesians 5:1-4 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Read God’s Word and learn about His boundaries.
- Consciously set boundaries based on God’s Word.
- Read a book on setting biblically based boundaries in relationships.
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- Unseduced and Unshaken: The Place of Dignity in a Young Woman’s Choices by Rosalie De Rosset
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!