Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “Why is spiritual discernment necessary in relationships? @Antoinette_Says explains on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Discern if Someone is Right for You According to God’s Standards (Part 1)
Question We Address and Answer:
- Why is spiritual discernment necessary in relationships?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The importance of seeking God in every aspect of our lives.
- Why we need discernment when developing friendships and relationships.
- How believers in Jesus Christ compromise in relationships.
- The value in spending quality time with God.
- Reasons why we struggle to discern God’s voice at times.
- Antoinette shares the precautions she takes when getting to know people in this season of her life.
- “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” – John 10:27 (ESV)
- “For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
7 he stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
he is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
8 guarding the paths of justice
and watching over the way of his saints.
9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice
and equity, every good path;
10 for wisdom will come into your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
11 discretion will watch over you,
understanding will guard you,“ – Proverbs 2:6-11 (ESV)
- “Do two walk together
unless they have agreed to do so?“ – Amos 3:3 (NIV)
- “But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”“ – 1 Samuel 16:7 (ESV)
- “The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.“ – Luke 6:45 (ESV)
- “since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”” – 1 Peter 1:16 (ESV)
- “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” – Romans 3:23 (ESV)
- “Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?” – 2 Corinthians 6:14 (ESV)
- “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” – 1 Peter 5:8 (ESV)
- “The blessing of the Lord makes rich,
and he adds no sorrow with it.” – Proverbs 10:22 (ESV)
- “ The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” – John 10:10 (ESV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- You must choose: God’s way or any other way..
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.” – Proverbs 14:12 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Commit to memorize the principle of God in Proverbs 14:12.
- Pray and ask God to help you apply this principle in your life.
- Safe People: How to Find Relationships That Are Good for You and Avoid Those That Aren’t by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend (Get the Audiobook FREE)
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!