Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “What hinders many people from experiencing true love? @jeremyawatkins explains on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: How to Make it Easy for Others to Love You (Part 2)
Question We Address and Answer:
- What hinders many people from experiencing true love?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- What love looks like.
- The danger of seeking love outside of God.
- How having an independent spirit can hinder us from drawing closer to God.
- Ways we make it difficult for others to love us.
- The differences between the denial of self and the dying of self.
- “Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”“ – Matthew 22:34-40 (NIV)
- “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.“ – Romans 12:2 (NIV)
- ““You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.“ – Matthew 5:43-48 (NIV)
- “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.“ – Romans 5:8 (NIV)
- “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.“ – Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.“ – 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.“ – Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
- “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.“ – John 15:1-4 (NKJV)
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.“ – Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Ensure that you have the right understanding of love.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Go before God and genuinely ask Him to reveal Himself to you, share with you what true love is and how you can surrender yourself to Him fully.
- The Missing Commandment: Love Yourself: How Loving Yourself the Way God Does Can Bring Healing and Freedom to Your Life by Jerry and Denise Basel (Get the Audiobook FREE!)
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!