Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
Episode Title: How and When to Discuss Finances in a Relationship (Part 4)
Question We Address and Answer:
- What are the dangers of a couple neglecting to discuss finances?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The dangers of a couple neglecting to discuss finances.
- How to overcome the fear of discussing finances.
- The importance of becoming financially literate.
- The value of a couple praying together.
- Lionel shares how he and his wife manage their finances.
- “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” – Matthew 6:24 (NIV)
- “If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. “ – Mark 3:24-25 (NKJV)
- “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? 29 For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, 30 saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’” – Luke 14:28-30 (NIV)
- “What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.“ – Mark 10:9 (KJV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Choose to not ignore or minimize the importance of discussing finances, especially before getting married.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so? – Amos 3:3 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Commit to doing a personal study in the Word of God on money, finances, management and stewardship in order to gain God’s perspective on how to effectively manage money.
- Sacred Vows: “The Knot or Not” by Lionel Shipman
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!