Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “Why We Must Leave and Cleave After Getting Married (Part 4) with @divineandira on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Why We Must Leave and Cleave After Getting Married (Part 4)
Question We Address and Answer:
- What are the dangers of someone being unwilling to leave and cleave?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- How leaving and cleaving impacts momma’s boys and daddy’s girls.
- How pain and abuse can negatively impact our perception of love and relationships.
- Why it’s important to honor our parents and our spouse.
- Duties men have to their wives as husbands.
- Ira shares the lessons her grandfather taught her.
- Divine explains how is mother and grandmother taught him how to treat a woman.
- “‘‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh.“ – Mark 10-7-8 (NIV)
- “I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.“ – 1 Timothy 2:9-10 (NIV)
- “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.“ – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)
- “The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”
24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.“ – Genesis 2:23-24 (NIV)
- “Better to live on a corner of the roof
than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.“ – Proverbs 21:9 (NIV)
- “The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”“ – Genesis 2:18 (NIV)
- “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.“ – John 14:26 (NIV)
- “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.“ – Psalm 139:14 (NIV)
- “Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”“ – Matthew 19:3-6 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Accept the responsibility that accompanies marriage.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.“ – Genesis 2:24 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Study the bible and read biblically based books on marriage to learn more and gain a better understanding of what it means to leave and cleave.
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs (Get the Audiobook FREE)
- Marriage On The Rock: God’s Design For Your Dream Marriage by Jimmy Evans
- Before You Say “I Do”: A Marriage Preparation Guide for Couples by H. Norman Wright & Wes Roberts
- Understanding the Purpose and Power of Love and Marriage by Dr. Myles Munroe
- The Fatherhood Principle: God’s Design and Destiny for Every Man by Dr. Myles Munroe
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!