Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
Episode Title: The Expectations of Marriage vs The Reality of Marriage (Part 3)
Question We Address and Answer:
- Why is preparing for marriage important?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The importance of transparency and confession in marriage.
- The value in preparing for marriage.
- Why we have to dump the baggage of our past.
- Ways to prepare for marriage.
- The dangers of entering marriage with unrealistic expectations.
- Debra shares the changes she had to make to her expectations prior to getting married.
- “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh.“ – Mark 10:6-8 (NIV)
- “For with God nothing will be impossible.“ – Luke 1:37 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Acknowledge that the reality of marriage will more likely than not differ from your expectations prior to marriage.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “The way of the [arrogant] fool [who rejects God’s wisdom] is right in his own eyes, but a wise and prudent man is he who listens to counsel.” – Proverbs 12:15 (AMP)
Take Action Now:
- Commit to investing more into your relationship with Jesus Christ. Connect with Him each day.
- Get and read Debra’s book Choosing Marriage.
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend (Get the Audiobook FREE)
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!