On today’s episode of the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, Yahnathan J. Immanuel is joined by Tierashia Adair to discuss what genuine forgiveness entails.
We will also discuss why there is a need for us to forgive. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss on Episode 1387.
Key Questions and Things You Will Learn:
- What does genuine forgiveness entail?
- Why is there a need to forgive?
- The relationship between forgiving and forgetting.
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8 (ESV)
- “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.” – Psalm 51:10 (ESV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- The process of genuine forgiveness must begin with us.
- “When Joseph’s brothers saw that their father was dead, they said, “It may be that Joseph will hate us and pay us back for all the evil that we did to him.” 16 So they sent a message to Joseph, saying, “Your father gave this command before he died: 17 ‘Say to Joseph, “Please forgive the transgression of your brothers and their sin, because they did evil to you.”’ And now, please forgive the transgression of the servants of the God of your father.” Joseph wept when they spoke to him.18 His brothers also came and fell down before him and said, “Behold, we are your servants.” 19 But Joseph said to them, “Do not fear, for am I in the place of God?20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people[a] should be kept alive, as they are today. 21 So do not fear; I will provide for you and your little ones.” Thus he comforted them and spoke kindly to them.“ – Genesis 50:15-21 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Pray for yourself or others struggling to forgive.
- Invite God into process of forgiving.
Support Tierashia Adair:
- Check out A Moment of Love Ministries
- Check out T. Adair Enterprises
- Follow A Moment of Love Ministries on Instagram
- Check out Tierashia’s book, Mommy, Will You Play with Me?
Valuable Resources We Mentioned:
- Mommy, Will You Play with Me? by Tierashia Adair
Listen to the Series ‘The Power of Forgiveness’: