Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “Doing Everything by the Book Except Premarital Sex (Part 2) with @allengparr on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Doing Everything by the Book Except Premarital Sex (Part 2)
Question We Address and Answer:
- Why is it important for Christian couples to refrain from having premarital sex?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- Why we must keep our commitments to God.
- Reasons why God desires for us to live sexually pure lives.
- Why some people believe having premarital sex is not a big deal.
- The danger of justifying and making excuses for having premarital sex.
- Consequences and negative effects that result from having premarital sex.
- “Sometimes I wish everyone were single like me—a simpler life in many ways! But celibacy is not for everyone any more than marriage is. God gives the gift of the single life to some, the gift of the married life to others.“ – 1 Corinthians 7:7 (MSG)
- “The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.“ – 1 Timothy 4:1-3 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Decide to make your relationship with God more important than your relationship with your partner.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.” – Romans 8:5-8 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Address the issue of having premarital sex and don’t ignore it.
- Guard your gates (eyes and ears) and be aware of the things that may be tempting you.
- Talk to your partner.
- Make a vow together to remain celibate (write it down and sign it).
- Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- Waiting and Dating: A Sensible Guide to a Fulfilling Love Relationship by Dr. Myles Munroe
- The Wait: A Powerful Practice for Finding the Love of Your Life and the Life You Love by DeVon Franklin and Meagan Good with Tim Vandehey (Get the Audiobook FREE)
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!