Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “Why isn’t celibacy enough? We explain on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Purity Beyond Celibacy (Part 3)
Question We Address and Answer:
- Why isn’t celibacy enough?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- Why practicing celibacy is not enough.
- Differences between purity and celibacy.
- How to shift from a celibacy mindset to a purity mindset.
- The importance of obeying God.
- Amber opens up about how she has had to combat against lust.
- “I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. “ – John 17:15-16 (NKJV)
- “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.“ – Matthew 5:27-28 (NIV)
- “Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.“ – Matthew 5:48 (NIV)
- “In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. 21 Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.” – 2 Timothy 2:20-22 (NIV)
- “For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.“ – 1 Corinthians 1:25 (NIV)
- “From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”“ – Matthew 4:17 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Acknowledge that purity extends beyond the physical act of having sex.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God” – 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Review the 4 Requirements to Maintain a Lifestyle of Purity and decide with God which requirement you need to begin focusing and working on.
- Pure Heart: A Woman’s Guide to Sexual Integrity by Shellie R. Warren
- Pure Eyes: A Man’s Guide to Sexual Integrity by Craig Gross
- The Dirty Little Secret: Uncovering the Truth Behind Porn by Craig Gross
- WEIRD: Because Normal Isn’t Working by Craig Groeschel
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!