Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “The Importance of Self-Care (Part 1) with @Gewanda on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: The Importance of Self-Care (Part 1)
Questions We Address and Answer:
- Do the majority of Christian women take time out to care for themselves?
- Why do many women tend to neglect self-care?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- Ways that women tend to neglect self-care.
- The importance of women taking time to care for themselves.
- Why women must take time to care for themselves.
- The benefit of making yourself a priority.
- Gewanda opens up about a time in her life when she neglected her self-care.
- “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.“ – Exodus 20:8-11 (NIV)
- “Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.“ – 3 John 1:2 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Make yourself a priority.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.” – 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Examine your current state and identify signs that you may be neglecting self-care.
- Begin a daily or weekly self-reflection habit.
- It Only Hurts When I Can’t Run: One Girl’s Story by Gewanda Parker
- Feeding The New You: A Devotional For Spiritual Growth by Gewanda Parker
- The Missing Commandment: Love Yourself: How Loving Yourself the Way God Does Can Bring Healing and Freedom to Your Life by Jerry and Denise Basel (Get the Audiobook FREE!)
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!