Press play below to listen:
SHARE THIS LIKE CRAZY!!!
[Tweet “LISTEN to Transitioning from Single to Married (Part 1) with @NLightNMyMind and @lovingshanelle on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Transitioning from Single to Married (Part 1)
- “Make sure your spouse is happy, because if they are not happy you will have to do a lot more work on the back end to repair things.” – K.J.
- “It’s okay not to operate in traditional gender roles.” – Lady J
- “You have to be willing and open to have the hard conversations.” – Lady J
- “You should never be afraid to talk to your spouse or significant other.” – Lady J
Questions We Address and Answer:
- How often do people underestimate the transition of going from being single to being married?
- What are the differences between the transitions people experience in relationships that are not marriages compared to the transition to getting married?
- When is the ideal time for a couple that is planning to get married to talk about the transition and the changes that will occur after they are married?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The challenge of managing household roles and duties.
- The benefit of operating within your strengths rather than gender roles.
- Why it’s important for couples to discuss marriage and the changes that come along with it before getting married.
- The importance of being able to talk to your spouse about anything.
- Lady J admits to not being aware of the transition that would occur when going from being a single woman to being a married woman.
- K.J. crushes the myth of waking up arm in arm after marriage.
- Lady J and K.J. open up about the transitions they experienced after getting married.
- Ménage à Trois: You, Your Spouse and the Lover of Your Soul by Phil and Shae Bynes
- Understanding the Purpose and Power of Love and Marriage by Dr. Myles Munroe
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- The 4 Seasons of Marriage: Secrets to a Lasting Marriage by Gary Chapman
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THIS LIKE CRAZY!!!