In this series on the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, Yahnathan J. Immanuel is joined by life, relationship & style coach Jane Springer to discuss the importance of trusting God in choosing a spouse.
Throughout this four part series we will also discuss why it is a struggle for some people to trust God when it comes to their relationships and what is required to trust that God will help us in choosing a spouse. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Listen to all four parts of this series by pressing the play buttons below and check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss.
Listen to Part 1:
Listen to Part 2:
Listen to Part 3:
Listen to Part 4:
Support Jane Springer:
Questions We Answer:
- What does it mean to trust God? (Part 1)
- Why is it a struggle for some people to trust God when it comes to their relationships? (Part 1)
- What is required to trust that God will help us in choosing a spouse? (Part 3)
- How can we overcome the feeling that we lack faith or trust in God? (Part 4)
Key Things You Will Learn:
- The challenge of changing our habits. (Part 1)
- Jane shares when she began to approach relationships from a godly perspective. (Part 1)
- The challenge of approaching relationships from a godly perspective. (Part 1)
- How Dr. Myles Munroe’s books helped Yahnathan develop a biblical perspective on relationships. (Part 1)
- Why we must make a choice to trust God. (Part 2)
- The importance of spiritual discernment. (Part 2)
- Jane opens up about the challenges of being patient and waiting three years before marrying her husband. (Part 2)
- The value in being part of a supportive community. (Part 4)
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” – Romans 8:1 (ESV)
- “for the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.” – Proverbs 24:16 (ESV)
- “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” – Hebrews 11:1 (NKJV)
- ““Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose trust is the Lord.
8 He is like a tree planted by water,
that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought,
for it does not cease to bear fruit.”” – Jeremiah 17:7-8 (ESV)
- “Trust in the Lord completely,
and do not rely on your own opinions.
With all your heart rely on him to guide you,
and he will lead you in every decision you make.
6 Become intimate with him in whatever you do,
and he will lead you wherever you go.
7 Don’t think for a moment that you know it all,
for wisdom comes when you adore him with undivided devotion
and avoid everything that’s wrong.
8 Then you will find the healing refreshment
your body and spirit long for.
9 Glorify God with all your wealth,
honoring him with your very best,
with every increase that comes to you.
10 Then every dimension of your life will overflow with blessings
from an uncontainable source of inner joy!” – Proverbs 3:5-10 (TPT)
- “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.” – James 1:5-8 (ESV)
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6 (ESV)
- “This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9 (NLT)