With new relationships, arrive new challenges.
One of those challenges revolves around social media accounts.
Should social media accounts be closed before entering into a new relationship?
Personally, I don’t think it’s necessary.
If you’d like to find out why you should think twice before closing your social media accounts, you must listen to the latest podcast episode, ‘Closing Social Media Accounts is INSANE for New Couples’:
If you know someone who can benefit from this podcast, please share it with them by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
Episode Title: Closing Social Media Accounts is INSANE for New Couples
Music: Plumb – Need You Now
- “At the beginning of a relationship, you either have trust or you don’t have it.” – Shadya Karawi Name
- “Allowing someone to retain their privacy is a sign of trust.” – Jay
- “You should become the person you want to meet.” – Shadya Karawi Name
- “Love is freedom…the freedom of being yourself.” – Shadya Karawi Name
- The importance of being able to trust your partner and how they conduct themselves on social media
- Reasons why you should seriously think twice before asking your partner to close their social media accounts
- The social media rules and etiquette that must be in place before entering into a new relationship
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- Should couples exchange social media passwords
- The value that taking time to get to know yourself can add to a relationship
Dangers and Difficulties:
- The impact of insecurities and how they can negatively affect the level of trust in a relationship
- The threats social media accounts can impose on relationships
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Shadya explains why she doesn’t believe it’s necessary for a couple to close their social media accounts when they enter into a new relationship
Hold Yourself Accountable:
Make a decision to trust your partner or to refrain from entering into a relationship until you have developed trust for the person you want to be with.
Apply the Principles:
“And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.” Luke 6:31 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Start in the mirror and examine the reason why you think social media accounts should be closed
- Determine whether or not there are trust issues or insecurities that exist
- Discuss the trust issues or insecurities you may have with your partner
- Make a decision to take time to yourself to resolve your trust issues or insecurities before pursuing a new relationship
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following questions:
Have you ever had someone ask you to close your social media accounts?
Can closing social media accounts every be a sign of trust?