In this episode of the MenChat series, Jay continues his discussion with author Lionel Shipman by addressing the question: Why is it important for a couple to discuss finances prior to getting married?
Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
Episode Title: How and When to Discuss Finances in a Relationship (Part 2)
Question We Address and Answer:
- Why is it important for a couple to discuss finances prior to getting married?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The danger of a couple having different perspectives on money.
- Why a couple needs to be in alignment and agreement regarding money.
- The importance of discussing finances prior to getting married.
- The ideal time for a couple to begin discussing finances.
- Lionel explains why he values the relationship he has with his wife so much.
- “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” – Matthew 6:24 (NIV)
- “If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25 And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. “ – Mark 3:24-25 (NKJV)
- “Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? 29 For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, 30 saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’” – Luke 14:28-30 (NIV)
- “What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.“ – Mark 10:9 (KJV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Choose to not ignore or minimize the importance of discussing finances, especially before getting married.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so? – Amos 3:3 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Commit to doing a personal study in the Word of God on money, finances, management and stewardship in order to gain God’s perspective on how to effectively manage money.
- Sacred Vows: “The Knot or Not” by Lionel Shipman
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!