In this episode of the Listen Up Ladies series, Jay is joined by artist Dear Lauren Ray to address the concerns of a woman who wants to know how to balance friendships with male friends and so much more.
Press play below to listen:
SHARE THIS LIKE CRAZY!!!
[Tweet “Balancing Friendships with Male Friends (Part 1) with @dearlaurenray on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Balancing Friendships with Male Friends (Part 1)
Question We Address and Answer:
- How challenging can it be for single women to maintain genuine friendships with men?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- Situations to avoid when trying to maintain strictly biblical or platonic friendships.
- Why we should not be willing to accept anything less than God’s best for us.
- The value in getting to know people without titles.
- Dear Lauren Ray explains why she tries her best to avoid “date-ish” situations.
- “A man who has friends must himself be friendly,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” – Proverbs 18:24 (NKJV)
- “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.“ – 1 John 4:8 (NIV)
- “Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.“ – Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Avoid “date-ish” situations.
Apply This Kingdom Principle:
- “ for we aim at what is honorable not only in the Lord’s sight but also in the sight of man.” – 2 Corinthians 8:21 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Be honest with yourself.
- Be honest with your friend about what you desire and communicate what you desire to them verbally.
- Waiting and Dating: A Sensible Guide to a Fulfilling Love Relationship by Dr. Myles Munroe
- I Will Wait For You: Single and Unwilling to Settle by Joshua M. Parker
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial