In this series on the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, Yahnathan J. Immanuel is joined by author Monique Mays to discuss how to get people to respect your boundaries.
Throughout this three part series we will also discuss why some people struggle with getting people to respect their boundaries and signs that someone is not respecting our boundaries. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Listen to all three parts of this series by pressing the play buttons below and check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss.
Listen to Part 1:
Listen to Part 2:
Listen to Part 3:
Support Monique Mays:
- Check out Monique’s Website
- Follow Monique on Instagram
- Check out Monique’s book, Self-Esteem is the New Black: How to be the confident woman you have always wanted to be
Questions We Answer:
- How are our boundaries related to the way we love ourselves? (Part 1)
- Why is it important to make sure people are respecting our boundaries? (Part 1)
- How can someone overcome the fear of making people respect their boundaries? (Part 1)
- What are signs that someone is not respecting our boundaries? (Part 2)
- What areas in our lives must we set boundaries in? (Part 2)
- What are the dangers of allowing people to keep disrespecting your boundaries? (Part 3)
Key Things You Will Learn:
- Why some people struggle with getting people to respect their boundaries. (Part 1)
- When Monique decided it was time to start putting boundaries up in her life. (Part 1)
- The importance of setting boundaries for ourselves. (Part 1)
- Why we must know the type of person we desire to be. (Part 1)
- Why loving yourself is not selfish. (Part 1)
- Why we must limit the amount of access to our lives that we give certain people. (Part 2)
- How to properly respond if someone violates our boundaries. (Part 2)
- The role God plays in helping us set effective boundaries. (Part 3)
- The importance of understanding how much God values us. (Part 3)
- Things we can do to get people to respect our boundaries. (Part 3)
- Monique shares the boundaries she’s set as a married woman. (Part 3)
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”” – Mark 12:30-31 (ESV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Love yourself enough to set boundaries for yourself and for others to respect.
- “A soft and gentle and thoughtful answer turns away wrath, But harsh and painful and careless words stir up anger.” – Proverbs 15:1 (AMP)
Take Action Now:
- Practice saying ‘no’ in the mirror.
- Know and write down the ideal type of person you want to be.
Valuable Resources We Mentioned:
- Self-Esteem is the New Black: How to be the confident woman you have always wanted to be by Monique Mays