Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “What is church hurt? @Healed_n_Heels explains on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: How to Heal From Church Hurt (Part 1)
Question We Address and Answer:
- What is church hurt?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- What church hurt is.
- How some churches place people in boxes.
- Ways that people in the church limit the gifts and greatness in others.
- The importance of properly representing Jesus Christ.
- “But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.“ – Matthew 18:16-17
- “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry“ – James 1:19 (NIV)
- “If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.
22 In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the Lord will reward you.“ – Proverbs 25:21-22 (NIV)
- ““Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’“ – Matthew 7:21-23 (NIV)
- “Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.“ – Matthew 5:48 (NIV)
- “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.“ – Colossians 3:13 (NIV)
- “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.“ – Matthew 23:13 (NIV)
- “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.“ – Ephesians 6:12 (NIV)
- “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.“ – Romans 8:28 (NKJV)
- “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.“ – John 10:10 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- If you are truly hurt, seek healing. If you are offended, release the offense.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” – Ephesians 4:29-32 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Listen to this discussion again.
- Examine your experience through prayer and self-examination.
- Start the healing process with forgiveness.
- Read The Bait of Satan.
- Pregnant with Purpose by CoCo Gayle
- The Bait of Satan, 20th Anniversary Edition: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense by John Bevere
- Satan’s Dirty Little Secret: The Two Demon Spirits that All Demons Get Their Strength From by Steven Foss
- Renewed: A 40-Day Devotional for Healing from Church Hurt and for Loving Well in Ministry by Leigh Powers
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!