Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “How to Spot a Counterfeit (Part 4) with @MMgmspeaks on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: How to Spot a Counterfeit (Part 4)
Questions We Address and Answer:
- How to respond once you discover someone is a counterfeit?
- How to begin developing spiritual discernment?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The importance of knowing the character of someone.
- Why we should never lower our standards or change to suit another person.
- The value in us getting to know God personally.
- Dr. MGM opens up about some of the bad choices she made in her past.
- “The wicked flee though no one pursues,
but the righteous are as bold as a lion.” – Proverbs 28:1 (NIV)
- “Pride goes before destruction,
a haughty spirit before a fall.“ – Proverbs 16:18 (NIV)
- “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.“ – 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)
- “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.“ – Ephesians 6:12 (NIV)
- “Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” – Genesis 1:26 (NIV)
- “A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.“ – James 1:8 (KJV)
- “For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.“ – 1 Corinthians 14:33 (NKJV)
- “Do two walk together
unless they have agreed to do so?“ – Amos 3:3 (NIV)
- “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.“ – John 10:10 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Don’t ignore the signs that someone may be a counterfeit and don’t be afraid to ask someone their intentions for being in your life.
Apply This Kingdom Principle:
- “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.” – Matthew 7:15-20 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Thoroughly examine your friendships and relationships, consider the signs and red flags that may exist and determine if there are any counterfeits in your life.
- If there are counterfeits in you life, before you act…pray and ask God how He prefers you handle the situation.
- Trust that God will provide you with the guidance you need and desire.
- And He Still Speaks by Dr. Mia McGee
- And He Still Waits by Dr. Mia McGee
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!