Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “When It’s Time to Go on a People or Man Fast (Part 3) with @JumokeOfficial on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: When It’s Time to Go on a People or Man Fast (Part 3)
Questions We Address and Answer:
- What are the benefits of going on a people or man fast?
- What are the disadvantages of not going on a people or man fast?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- Advantages of going on a people fast.
- Why we have to be mindful of the relationships we form.
- The importance of finding our identity in God.
- The value in separating ourselves from people to spend intimate time with God.
- Jùmòké shares how God called her to do things she never could have imagined she’d be doing.
- “That night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two female servants and his eleven sons and crossed the ford of the Jabbok. 23 After he had sent them across the stream, he sent over all his possessions. 24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. 25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”27 The man asked him, “What is your name?”“Jacob,” he answered.28 Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel,[a] because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”29 Jacob said, “Please tell me your name.”But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed him there.30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”
31 The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel, and he was limping because of his hip.“ – Genesis 32:22-31 (NIV)
- “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.“ – Matthew 7:7-8 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- You know when it’s time for you to separate from people and commit to spending intimate time with God.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.“ – Matthew 6:16-18 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Examine your relationships.
- Ask the question: ‘Do I have peace in my life?’
- Commit to spending more intimate time with God.
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!