Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
Episode Title: From Sex to Celibacy…as a Couple (Part 1)
Question We Address and Answer:
- Why do some couples choose not to practice celibacy?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- How to practice celibacy as a couple after being sexually intimate.
- Why it can be difficult for Christian couples to practice celibacy.
- The challenge of transitioning from having sex to practicing celibacy.
- The importance of honoring God.
- The temptation to have sex.
- The reward of obedience to God.
- Addy and Nikki share why they decided to begin practicing celibacy.
- “But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?“ – James 2:20 (NKJV)
- “But Samuel replied:
“Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the Lord?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams.” – 1 Samuel 15:22 (NIV)
- “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,“ – Romans 3:23 (NIV)
- “What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?“ – Mark 8:36 (NIV)
- ““For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.“ – Isaiah 55:8 (NIV)
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.“ – Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)
- “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.“ – Psalm 139:14 (NIV)
- “Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”“ – Genesis 1:26 (NIV)
- “Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;“ – 1 Corinthians 6:18-19 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Decide to do what pleases God instead of doing what pleases you. Your obedience will be rewarded.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.“ – Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Examine yourself and your relationship.
- Set boundaries and commit to them as a couple.
- Pray consistently and remain open and honest with one another.
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman (Get the Audiobook FREE)
- Recommitted: It’s Not Too Late by Celi Marie Dean
- Waiting and Dating: A Sensible Guide to a Fulfilling Love Relationship by Dr. Myles Munroe
- I Will Wait For You: Single and Unwilling to Settle by Joshua M. Parker
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!