In this series on the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, Yahnathan J. Immanuel is joined by Lamya Broussard to discuss why some single women automatically assume there is something wrong with them.
Throughout this four part series we will also discuss how people minimize and invalidate the way women feel about being single. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Listen to all four parts of this series by pressing the play buttons below and check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss.
Listen to Part 1:
Listen to Part 2:
Listen to Part 3:
Listen to Part 4:
Support Lamya Broussard:
Questions We Answer:
- How can a woman know she’s done the proper healing and is simply waiting for the right man to enter her life? (Part 1)
- Why do some women automatically assume there is something wrong with them? (Part 2)
Key Things You Will Learn:
- The value of women having accountability in their lives. (Part 1)
- Why it is not necessary to be perfect before entering into a relationship or marriage. (Part 1)
- The importance of preparing ourselves before entering into a relationship or marriage. (Part 1)
- How people minimize and invalidate the way women feel about being single. (Part 2)
- Some of the biggest current barriers when dating. (Part 2)
- Differences in the amount of men and women who are seeking a relationship. (Part 3)
- Systemic issues within our society that have created a divide between men and women of color. (Part 3)
- How women can remain hopeful while dating. (Part 4)
- The benefit of community as a single person. (Part 4)
- One way to increase your chances of meeting someone while you’re single. (Part 4)
- Being aware of strategic dating options. (Part 4)
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” 3 Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.” – John 9:1-3 (ESV)
- “So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.
28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”” – Genesis 1:27-28 (ESV)
- “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” – Philippians 1:6 (ESV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Acknowledge that there is nothing wrong with you.
- “And now, O Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in you.“ – Psalm 39:7 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Evaluate your life and determine whether you have a “go bag” or if you have all the essentials in it.
- Join a new community or verbally express you’re single to a current community.