In this episode, Jay continues his discussion with Lindsey and Brandon of the Adam’s Rib Podcast by addressing the question: How can the Holy Spirit help us discern godly counsel from ungodly counsel?
Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “How can the Holy Spirit help us discern godly counsel from ungodly counsel? @adamsribpodcast explains on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: How to Spot Ungodly Counsel or Advice (Part 3)
Question We Address and Answer:
- How can the Holy Spirit help us discern godly counsel from ungodly counsel?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The importance of eliminating distractions from our lives.
- How we are accountable to God.
- The value in being led by the Holy Spirit.
- Who we should seek and avoid receiving counsel and advice from.
- Why we must always seek God first.
- “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses’ seat, 3 so do and observe whatever they tell you, but not the works they do. For they preach, but do not practice.“ – Matthew 23:2-3 (ESV)
- “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” – James 1:22 (KJV)
- “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.“ – Hosea 4:6 (KJV)
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.“ – Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
- “Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.“ – Proverbs 22:6 (NKJV)
- “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.“ – Matthew 6:33 (NKJV)
- “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.” – Revelation 12:11 (KJV)
- “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?” – Matthew 7:15-16 (NIV)
- ““Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practiceis like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”” – Matthew 7:24-27 (NIV)
- “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” – Galatians 6:9 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Commit to always following the laws of God.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.” – Galatians 5:16 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Commit to memorize God’s law in Galatians 5:16.
- Pray and ask God to help you put His law into practice and live it.
- The Eagle Christian by Kenneth Price
- Discerning the Voice of God: How to Recognize When God Speaks by Priscilla Shirer
- Spirit Driven Success: Learn Time Tested Biblical Secrets to Create Wealth While Serving Others! by Dani Johnson
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- A Tale of Three Kings: A Study in Brokenness by Gene Edwards
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!