Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “What’s required to stand up for ourselves in an honorable manner? @AuthorShannonA explains on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: How Women Can Stand Up for Themselves Respectfully in Relationships (Part 2)
Question We Address and Answer:
- What’s required to stand up for ourselves in an honorable manner?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The importance of being mindful of volume and tone of voice when communicating with others.
- How to stand up for ourselves in an honorable manner.
- The value of proper planning in relationships.
- Shannon shares the changes she would make if she could go back and do things differently in her marriage.
- “Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.“ – Ephesians 5:22-28 (NIV)
- “The wise woman builds her house,
but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.“ – Proverbs 14:1 (NIV)
- “Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.“ – Romans 4:16-17 (NIV)
- “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh.“ – Mark 10:6-8 (NIV)
- “The wicked flee though no one pursues,
but the righteous are as bold as a lion.“ – Proverbs 28:1 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Acknowledge that there is a difference between defending and standing up for yourself.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.” – 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Spend quiet time with God and ask Him to reveal to you the truth about yourself that you may not currently be aware of.
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs (Get the Audiobook FREE)
- Abundance Now: Amplify Your Life & Achieve Prosperity Today by Lisa Nichols (Get the Audiobook FREE)
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!