Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “Why do many people believe relationships are supposed to be difficult? @TheAlexMerritt explains on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: Why 21st Century Relationships Seem So Difficult (Part 1)
Question We Address and Answer:
- Why do many people believe relationships are supposed to be difficult?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The importance of not running away from the challenges we encounter in relationships.
- The danger of having the wrong expectations about relationship.
- Why we can’t avoid or ignore issues that arise within relationships.
- Amber shares how she discovered the differences between celibacy and purity.
- “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.“ – Matthew 23:2-3 (NIV)
- “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.8 Love never fails.“ – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (NIV)
- “If you love me, keep my commands.“ – John 14:15 (NIV)
- “Delight yourself in the Lord,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.“ – Psalm 37:4 (ESV)
- “Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.“ – Ephesians 5:22 (NIV)
- “ Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.“ – Ephesians 5:25-27 (NIV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Be willing to acknowledge the fears you have surrounding relationships, only then will you be able to properly submit them before God and begin addressing and working to overcome them.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Go before God and share all your fears with Him.
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman (Get the Audiobook FREE)
- Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs (Get the Audiobook FREE)
- Love Is Letting Go of Fear by Gerald G. Jampolsky, M.D.
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!