Breaking up sucks!
Adjusting to being single again can be challenging.
Thankfully, it’s not impossible!
Listen to the latest podcast and discover how you can make the transition from a long-term relationship back to being single again.
Episode Title: How to Adjust to Being Single Again
- “Relationships should never be used to make you feel complete.” – Ginger Short
- “No one is going to respect me or be able to love me if I don’t first love and respect myself.” – Christina C
- “Nobody gets through a relationship without trial and error.” – Ginger Short
- “Singleness is not something to be running away from. It’s something that you should be embracing.” – Jay Mayo
- Three primary life adjustments that must be made after becoming single again
- How to properly manage the impact of a bad break up
- How to manage the influence and opinions of other people on your life
- Why taking time to heal after a break up is necessary
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The importance of addressing your personal demons
- The fears that people have of being single again
- Ginger provides an outstanding break up speech that you can use the next time someone asks you about your ex or past relationship
- How to deal with friends who ditched you when they were in a relationship and want to reestablish a friendship after their break up
Dangers & Difficulties:
- The challenges of transitioning from a long-term relationship back to singleness
- The danger of seeking completeness in a partner or a relationship
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Christina shares her experience of trying to find herself through a man that she was in a relationship with
- Jay shares his experience with a female friend ending their friendship at the prompting of her new boyfriend
Hold Yourself Accountable:
Accept that you are in control of your mood and attitude. Remain positive.
Apply the Kingdom Principles:
“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.” Isaiah 26:3-4 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Decide to be happy.
- Take time to heal.
- Invest in yourself (date yourself).
- Acknowledge God and remain prayerful and positive.