Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
Episode Title: How to Argue the RIGHT Way (Part 2)
Questions We Address and Answer:
- How important is it for couples to know how to effectively deal with conflict?
- What often blinds us from seeing our role in the conflict that we’re experiencing?
- What are the most common mistakes couples make when they argue?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- Things we must learn to become better communicators within our relationships.
- The importance of taking responsibility for our role in a disagreement.
- How couples should disagree.
- The danger in viewing a disagreement as a competition.
- Phrases to refrain from using in an argument.
- Tiya explains the power of the pause.
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Examine how you react or respond when you are upset or frustrated and identify your communication challenges or flaws.
Apply This Kingdom Principle:
- “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.” – James 1:19-21 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Identify your communication challenges and flaws.
- Read Tiya’s book, A Conversation Piece.
- Stop being immature and sabotaging your relationship over foolishness.
- A Conversation Piece: 32 Bold Relationship Lessons for Discussing Marriage, Sex, and Conflict by Tiya Cunningham-Sumter
- The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship by Don Miguel Ruiz (Get the Audiobook FREE)
- 30 Days to Taming Your Tongue: What You Say (and Don’t Say) Will Improve Your Relationships by Deborah Smith Pegues (Get the Audiobook FREE)
DUMP YOUR BAGGAGE: Discover how to enter your next relationship at your best!
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!