On today’s episode of the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, I continue my discussion with author Megan Starbuck by discussing the impact of marital abuse.
We will discuss the different types of abuse that can occur in a marriage. We’ll also explain the importance of listening when God indicates that someone may not be the right person for us and how breakups are mutually beneficial. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss on Episode 1296.
Key Things You Will Learn:
- Different types of abuse that can occur in marriage (0:45)
- Lessons Megan learned from a toxic relationship she was in before she got married (1:15)
- The danger of minimizing verbal abuse (2:45)
- Listen when God says ‘yes’ or ‘no’ about someone being right for you (8:13)
- How Megan knew God told her a man she was dating before she got married was not “the one” (8:49)
- Why breakups are mutually beneficial (11:43)
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.” – Proverbs 18:21 (ESV)
Support Megan Starbuck:
- Check out Megan’s website, Living Tiny, Dreaming Big
- Follow Megan on Twitter
- Get access to a free chapter of Megan’s book that shares the best advice she heard before getting married!
- Check out Megan’s appearance on The Confident Single Woman podcast with Starr Burroughs
Valuable Resources We Mentioned:
- Read The Good News About Marriage: Debunking Discouraging Myths about Marriage and Divorce by Shaunti Feldhahn
- Listen to The Good News About Marriage Audiobook for FREE on Audible
Listen to the Series ‘How to Avoid Losing Faith in Marriage’: