Many singles desire to get married, but the longer it takes for “the big day” and “the one” to arrive the more doubt begins to creep in.
Questions begin to surface like: Will I ever find “the one”? and Will I ever get married?
If singles aren’t carefully, they will soon begin to lose faith in marriage and that is the one thing they must avoid doing!
The wait may be longer than expected, but it’s no reason to give up hope.
On today’s episode of the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, author Megan Starbuck and I discuss why singles are losing faith in marriage.
We will explain why some singles are beginning to lose faith in marriage. We’ll also share what it means to lose faith in marriage and how skewed divorce statistics have negatively impacted many singles perception of marriage. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss on Episode 1294.
Questions We Answer:
- Are singles are losing faith in marriage? (3:47)
- Is someone questioning whether or not they will find “the one” the same thing as losing faith in marriage? (6:18)
Key Things You Will Learn:
- How Megan began losing faith in marriage early in her life (1:48)
- Why some singles are losing faith in marriage (3:56)
- What it means to lose faith in marriage (6:38)
- The value in having at least a 1% hope in marriage (10:13)
- The danger of saying you’ll never get married (10:33)
- Reasons why people lose faith in marriage (11:11)
- The divorce rate is not really 50% (12:28)
- The importance of making wise and informed decisions (14:31)
- The percentage of people who are happily married (15:56)
- The marriage book you must read (16:40)
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.” – Proverbs 18:21 (ESV)
Support Megan Starbuck:
- Check out Megan’s website, Living Tiny, Dreaming Big
- Follow Megan on Twitter
- Get access to a free chapter of Megan’s book that shares the best advice she heard before getting married!
- Check out Megan’s appearance on The Confident Single Woman podcast with Starr Burroughs
Valuable Resources We Mentioned:
- Read The Good News About Marriage: Debunking Discouraging Myths about Marriage and Divorce by Shaunti Feldhahn
- Listen to The Good News About Marriage Audiobook for FREE on Audible
- Listen to my discussion with Debra Fileta on The Expectations of Marriage vs The Reality of Marriage
Listen to the Series ‘How to Avoid Losing Faith in Marriage’: