The way men and women view things is completely different. Many women are aware of these differences, but often do not understand them. To truly understand why men do many of the things they do, women must learn how to view life from a man’s perspective. Thankfully, Shaunti Feldhahn and Craig Gross have made this possible, in their book Through a Man’s Eyes: Helping Women Understand the Visual Nature of Men.
If you have ever wanted to know why men are “visual creatures” or you’re just curious to see life through a man’s eyes, look no further. This book provides an honest and practical look into the man’s mind. I highly recommend women read this book to gain a better understanding of how the world looks through the eyes of the men in their life. There are things your sons, husbands, fathers, brothers and all the men around you are seeing that not only impacts them, but you too.
Decide today to remove the blinders or rose colored glasses. Decide today to view the vivid reality that is life through a man’s eyes. If you’re ready to do that, check out Through a Man’s Eyes and read through my key takeaways below.
- Learning how to be an active support and partner is one of the greatest gifts you can give the man or boy in your life today.
- A man’s eyes are one of the gateways to his emotions.
- Complete, nonjudgmental affirmation is powerful for a man.
- The wiring of the male brain is not an excuse for misbehavior. All of us are responsible for our own actions and the fallout that comes from disappointing those we love.
- If you understand the power you have and you decide intentionally to wield that power in order to draw the stares of men, then you should take a long look at that motivation and determine why.
- Once a man realizes he isn’t actually alone, a candid and supportive relationship with one or more other guys sometimes becomes more appealing.
- Until you talk with your man, you won’t know what any of his realities are.
- When kids know they can have an open and honest discussion with mom or dad about sex, they are less likely to step into sexual minefields.
- If you can walk through any rough patches with God-given love, grace, compassion, humor, kindness, perseverance, and strength, you’ll end up with a level of closeness that you may never have had before.
If you would like to learn more, you can check the book out on Amazon.
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.