Married Couples & Social Media.
How can they successfully manage it?
Find out NOW!
Listen to the latest podcast episode to discover how married couples can successfully manage social media.
If you know someone who can benefit from this podcast, please share it with them by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
[Tweet “How Married Couples Can Successfully Manage Social Media on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: How Married Couples Can Successfully Manage Social Media
- “When we can overcome some hurdles together, by seeking the Lord, that’s how we can build intimacy.” – Dale
- “Your spouse is your best friend. You’re no longer two, you’re one. So everything you know, they should know.” – Shantel
- “As soon as you start to conceal information, you are no longer trustworthy.” – Venessa
- “If you don’t set boundaries for yourself and in your relationship then you are setting yourself up for failure.” – Venessa
- How a social media fast can benefit your marriage
- The importance of revealing your triggers and temptations to your partner so they can pray for you and help you deal with them
- Social media rules and guidelines that married couples need to begin implementing…if they aren’t already
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The impact of social media on singles vs. married couples
- Dales shares why married couples should embrace restricted access to their social media accounts
- Whether married couples should ever consider totally getting rid of social media
Dangers and Difficulties:
- The danger of comparing your marriage to other couples
- Venessa explains why married couples should be aware of using social media as escapism
- Reasons you should avoid counseling an ex at all cost
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Shantel, Venessa and Dale share the social media hurdles they’ve each had to overcome since getting married
- Shantel explains why married couples should not keep secrets from one another and the damaging impact that secrets can have on a marriage
Fun Times & Stories
- Shantel explains what happened when one of her exes, who still calls her “his wife”, tried to reconnect with her on Facebook
- Shantel shares about the time she was interacting with a relative of her husband’s online and things went left
Apply the Principles:
“…let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.” Ephesians 5:33 (ESV)
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following questions:
Has social media ever caused an issue in your marriage or relationship?