Celebrity couples are cool, right?
They seem to be living the life that many of us desire…
BUT THEY ARE NOT PERFECT!
Therefore, you should be extremely careful about comparing your relationship to a celebrity couple.
In fact, find out right now why you should never make these types of comparisons by listening to the latest podcast, ‘Why You Should Never Compare Your Relationship to Celebrity Couples’:
If you know someone who can benefit from this podcast, please share it with them by pressing ‘click to tweet’ below.
Episode Title: Why You Should Never Compare Your Relationship to Celebrity Couples
Music: V. Rose – Am I Trending?
- “The secret to being happy is to be very, very happy with what you have.” – James Swanwick
- “If all you see is one side of something, and you don’t get to see the other sides of it, then you don’t truly know that thing.” – Jay
- “Be aware that no matter how good it gets, you’re always going to want something better.” – James Swanwick
- “You cannot control how someone feels or thinks. You can only control how you feel and you think.” – James Swanwick
- “It’s not up to the other person to make you happy. It’s up to you to make you happy.” – James Swanwick
- The reason many people are prone to compare their relationship with celebrity couples
- How to overcome the pressure from your partner or your own personal desires to compare your relationships to that others
- The benefits of learning from other couples, rather than comparing your relationship to theirs
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- Why “celebrity relationships” are no better or greater than your own relationships
- James shares some insights he’s gained from Professor Jonathan Haidt’s book The Happiness Hypothesis
- James talks about the power we all possess in the stories we create about ourselves, our lives and our relationships
Dangers and Difficulties:
- The pressure that is felt from constant comparisons to others
- Why the photos and things people post on social media are not a true depiction of reality or their life
- How to avoid placing unrealistic expectations on yourself or your partner
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- James shares his experience and the challenges that accompanied dating a woman who was involved with a billionaire before entering into a relationship with him
- James explains how he was able to rise above his own insecurities and stop drawing comparisons between himself and his girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend
Hold Yourself Accountable:
Make a decision to focus on things that benefit your relationship, rather than things that will chip away at it.
Apply the Principles:
“Pay careful attention to your work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.” Galatians 6:4 (NLT)
Take Action Now:
- Accept yourself and your partner for who you both are.
- Acknowledge that no celebrity is greater or better than you or your partner.
- Make it your priority to establish a healthy and long-lasting relationship, not mimic or imitate a so called “celebrity relationship”.
- Make a conscious decision not to compare yourself, your partner or your relationship to others.
- Ask couples with healthy relationships questions and make an effort to learn from them, with the intent of adding value to your own relationship.
Show Some Love:
Please leave me a comment or a private message answering the following questions:
Have you ever compared your relationship to a celebrity couple?