In this series on the Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio podcast, Yahnathan J. Immanuel is joined by author Kate Hurley to discuss how to overcome negative self talk while single.
Throughout this four part series we will also discuss where negative self talk stems from and how God and His Word can help us to overcome negative self talk. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Listen to all four parts of this series by pressing the play buttons below and check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss.
Listen to Part 1:
Listen to Part 2:
Listen to Part 3:
Listen to Part 4:
Support Kate Hurley:
- Check out Kate’s website
- Check out Kate’s blog
- Follow Kate on Instagram
- Check out Kate’s book, Getting Naked Later: Making Sense of the Unexpected Single Life
Questions We Answer:
- What is negative self talk? (Part 1)
- Where does negative self talk stem from? (Part 1)
- What are signs that someone is experiencing negative self talk? (Part 2)
- How can God and His Word help us to overcome negative self talk? (Part 3)
- Why is it important for singles to overcome negative self talk? (Part 3)
- Is it possible to control our thoughts? (Part 4)
Key Things You Will Learn:
- Struggles singles have with negative self talk. (Part 1)
- The different characters or voices that can take residence in our minds. (Part 1)
- Navigating through negative self talk as a single woman. (Part 1)
- Why should avoid regretting our past. (Part 2)
- Lessons we can learn from our past. (Part 2)
- The power possessed within our thoughts. (Part 3)
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”” – Genesis 1:26 (ESV)
- “What is man, that you make so much of him, and that you set your heart on him,” – Job 7:17 (ESV)
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Take accountability for the things you think and say about yourself in your head.
- “The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.” – Luke 6:45 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Recite daily declarations to not think negative thoughts.
- Write down a list of positive things about yourself and Scriptures that you can read when negative thoughts come to mind and you have trouble changing them to positve thoughts.
Valuable Resources We Mentioned: