Do you desire to be in a relationship?
Have you sought God for His guidance?
If not, it is something that you MUST do.
Far too often we are more concerned with what we desire and neglect to seek God.
This can be one of the BIGGEST mistakes we make, especially when it comes to relationships.
Whether you realize it or not, God desires to be included in this aspect of your life too.
He knows you better than you may think. In fact, He likely knows you better than you know yourself.
Therefore, it is imperative that we seek God and include Him in our relationship development process.
In the latest podcast, Tina Collazo and I discuss at length why it is important for us to always seek God before seeking a mate or a relationship.
Episode Title: Why You MUST Seek God Before Seeking a Relationship
Music: GS – Best Friend
- “When the student is ready, the teacher appears.” – Tina Collazo
- “We’re going to constantly be tested. We’re going to constantly be tempted. Being prepared is pertinent.” – Jay Mayo
- “Two whole people equals double portion. That’s iron sharpening iron.” – Tina Collazo
- “You must be firmly rooted in your convictions. If you don’t know what your convictions are or if you don’t know what foundation you’re standing upon, you already are setting yourself up for failure.” – Jay Mayo
- The importance of always seeking God first in every aspect of our lives
- How to find an accountability partner who you can trust and confide in
- The value in seeking God regarding a mate or a relationship
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The impact that music and television can have on our ability to live in a manner that is pleasing to God
- Knowing what your triggers are and how to minimize temptations
Dangers & Difficulties:
- The danger in neglecting to seek God before looking for a relationship or a mate
- The challenges that many of us have with seeking God first
- The challenge of transitioning from being a celibate single to being celibate in a relationship
- The danger in believing that God will chose your mate
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Tina shares about her personal journey of purity and abstinence
- Tina explains how valuable it has been for her to have an accountability partner along her walk with Jesus Christ
- Tina discloses how beneficial it was to be in a relationship with someone who was also abstaining from sex and who respected the boundaries of their relationship
- Tina shares how she began to seek God and truly hear His voice, during a period in her life when she was going through a divorce and members of her family turned their backs on her
Hold Yourself Accountable:
Know your convictions, root and ground yourself in them and don’t compromise.
Apply the Kingdom Principles:
“Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and these things will be added.” Matthew 6:33 (NKJV)
Take Action Now:
- Write down your convictions and values
- Invest in spending time in prayer and meditation with God each day
- With God’s guidance seek out an accountability partner
- Avoid rushing and placing yourself in compromising situations