On today’s episode of the MenChat series, Yahnathan J. Immanuel continues his discussion with Roland Baker by discussing the importance of knowing your motives for dating someone.
We will also share some of our past dating motives and how drama ensued when they were not properly aligned with the women we were dating. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss on Episode 1392.
Key Questions and Things You Will Learn:
- The importance of knowing your motives for dating someone.
- Why two people should only date if their motives are properly aligned.
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.” – Luke 6:45 (ESV)
- “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”“ – Mark 12:30-31 (NIV)
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Know your motives before dating and know the other person’s motives before moving forward.
- “Do two walk together
unless they have agreed to do so?“ – Amos 3:3 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Reflect on your past experiences and extract lessons.
Support Roland Baker:
Listen to the Series ‘Dating with the Right Motives’: