On today’s episode of the MenChat series, Yahnathan J. Immanuel continues his discussion with Roland Baker by discussing how dating with the wrong motives can hinder us and other people.
We will also share how our dating motives have changed over the years. That’s just the beginning of what is a great discussion. Check out the details below for a full rundown of everything we discuss on Episode 1393.
Key Questions and Things You Will Learn:
- How can dating with the wrong motives hinder us and other people?
- How our dating motives can change over time.
Biblical Kingdom Principles We Discuss:
- “The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.” – Luke 6:45 (ESV)
- “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”“ – Mark 12:30-31 (NIV)
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Know your motives before dating and know the other person’s motives before moving forward.
- “Do two walk together
unless they have agreed to do so?“ – Amos 3:3 (NIV)
Take Action Now:
- Reflect on your past experiences and extract lessons.
Support Roland Baker:
Listen to the Series ‘Dating with the Right Motives’: