In this episode, Jay continues his discussion with Deborah Johnson by addressing the question: What are the dangers of having a self-centered focus in relationships?
Press play below to listen:
SHARE THE LOVE!!!
[Tweet “What are the dangers of having a self-centered focus in relationships? We explain on @RTRLRadio”]
Episode Title: God’s Purpose for Relationships (Part 3)
Guest: Deborah Johnson – Follow Her on Instagram
Check out Debra’s book, Choosing Marriage
Question We Address and Answer:
- What are the dangers of having a self-centered focus in relationships?
Key Lessons and Takeaways:
- The selfish nature of worldly relationships.
- The value in relationships that are focused on God.
- The importance of having a surrendered relationship with God.
- How the Holy Spirit can assist believers in Jesus Christ with their relationships when they allow Him to.
- How distractions can hinder our relationship with God.
- Deborah shares how focusing on God helped her patiently wait for marriage.
- “Then God said, “Let us make man[a] in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.
28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”“ – Genesis 1:26-28 (ESV)
- “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.“ – Ephesians 5:22-23 (ESV)
- “The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.“ – 1 Corinthians 7:3-4 (ESV)
- “But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you“ – Matthew 5:44 (ESV)
- “ Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?“ – 2 Corinthians 6:14 (ESV)
- “I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. 33 But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife“ – 1 Corinthians 7:32-33 (ESV)
- “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.“ – Romans 12:1-2 (ESV)
Hold Yourself Accountable:
- Acknowledge that God’s purpose for relationships starts with individuals (you) in order for Him to be glorified through us.
Apply the Kingdom Principle:
- “Many plans are in a man’s mind, but it is the Lord’s purpose for him that will stand (be carried out).” – Proverbs 19:21 (AMP)
Take Action Now:
- Commit to investing more into your relationship with Jesus Christ. Connect with Him each day.
- Get and read Debra’s book Choosing Marriage.
- I Will Wait For You: Single and Unwilling to Settle by Joshua M. Parker
- Waiting and Dating: A Sensible Guide to a Fulfilling Love Relationship by Dr. Myles Munroe
- Single, Married, Separated and Life After Divorce by Dr. Myles Munroe
- Understanding the Purpose and Power of Love and Marriage by Dr. Myles Munroe
Heather Lindsey’s Pinky Promise Movement
Monthly Book Giveaway: Enter now for a chance to win a FREE BOOK!
Support Right to R.E.A.L. Love Radio:
Leave a 5 Star Rating and Review on iTunes
Leave a 5 Star Rating and Review on Stitcher
Not sure how to leave a review? Watch this quick tutorial
Press the colorful buttons below and SHARE THE LOVE!!!
Write a Comment