No one likes them, but nearly everyone seems to have one.
Today you will learn how to dump your representative and always be yourself!
Doing so is vital, especially if you desire to establish a healthy relationship that will last.
Listen to the latest podcast episode, featuring Cherise McAdoo and Devon Bandison, and take the first step toward dumping your representative for good and learning how to always be yourself around anyone.
Episode Title: Dump Your Representative and Learn to Always be Yourself
Music: Keith Phelps – Conversation
- “There’s no better teacher than experience.” – Devon Bandison
- “The representative is not your authentic self.” – Devon Bandison
- “If we were just honest with ourselves and other people, I don’t think we would have so many issues.” – Cherise McAdoo
- “The more you give of yourself, the more you get in return.” – Devon Bandison
- “You can tell me anything, but it’s about what you’re doing” – Devon Bandison
- “Until I find love, I can’t love myself and if I don’t love myself, I don’t know myself.” – Cherise McAdoo
- “You have to value yourself in order to be valued in relationships and for people to value you.” – Devon Bandison
- “Your worth is not measured by other people. You worth is how God values you and how you value yourself.” – Cherise McAdoo
- “The quality of your life will depend on the choices you make.” – Devon Bandison
- The importance of always being your true authentic self
- The definition of a representative
- How to distinguish a person’s representative from their true self
- Why it is vital for us to develop and demonstrate character in every aspect of our lives
- How to embrace and be yourself all the time and with everyone
Hot Topics & Takeaways:
- The difference between your representative and different sides of your true self
- Devon speaks to the power in embracing your wounds and shortcomings
- Why two people need to be on the same page before entering into a relationship
- The importance of truly listening to what people are saying and comparing it to the fruit they are reaping in their lives
- Devon explains why you must discover when you’re at your best and how beneficial it can be for you
Dangers & Difficulties:
- How presenting a representative of yourself can hinder you from discovering your true authentic self
- The danger of not being willing to reveal our true selves to others upfront
Experience is the Best Teacher:
- Cherise shares a recent experience she had in which she wasn’t provided the opportunity to truly get to know a guy that she was really interested in
- Cherise shares her personal experience of allowing her representative to shine more at times than her true self
Hold Yourself Accountable:
Make a decision to discover your true self and never compromise who you are for any reason or any person.
Apply the Kingdom Principles:
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7 (ESV)
Take Action Now:
- Ask and seek God to reveal your true self to you.
- Read Dr. Myles Munroe’s book Understanding Your Potential.
- Invest time to know and understand what you need, want and expect from yourself, others and a relationship.